The MPU327 is NOT compatible with Black Knight and all System 7 games.
The issue with Black Knight and others has NOT been resolved.
Rottendog has removed all System 7 games from the compatibility list until further notice.
The MPU327 is NOT compatible with Hyperball.
New Product ID: MPU327-4
If your MPU and driver board sustained damage from either battery acid leakage or bad repair, this new Rottendog replacement combination board is the answer. One board that replaces both the MPU and driver. We’ve tested this board in our own games and are very pleased with the performance. Replaces the MPU and Driver for System 3, 4, and 6 games. Rottendog part # MPU327.
Update: The MPU327 revision has improved the switch matrix, making it more robust and less easily damaged by old diodes on the playfield.
Advantages: – Eliminates the extremely problematic 40 pin connector that interconnects the original boards together.
– Eliminates the need to swap out game ROMs. Game ROMs are select-able via DIP switch.
– Comprehensive on-board diagnostics.
– Uses 6802 instead of 6800 microprocessor.
– Single commercially available oscillator component for timing.
– Williams WPC style controlled lamp circuit design (TIP107).
– Logic level FET drivers for all solenoids and lamp controls.
– Single shot (70ms) for special solenoids (no more burned board due to shorted contacts)..
– Uses sockets for common failure components (micro, PIA and RAM).
– Low voltage reset preventing microprocessor lock up.
– compatible with shuffle alley (bowler) games: Topaz, Big Strike, Triple Strike, Taurus and Aristocrat.
This board is compatible with the following machines: