MPU004- This completely redesigned board replaces Data East’s MPU / Driver Board part numbers 520-50003-01, 520-50003-02, 520-50003-03 and 520-50003-04.
Our boards are plug-and-play compatible with the original board set (assuming the common 512k Game ROM). No special tools or mounting tricks are required and the swap can be done by even the most novice of “installers”.
Benefits over the original Data East board:
– Williams WPC type mounting holes for ease of install / uninstall.
– No batteries required for memory retention (no acid damage, ever!)
– Simplified driver design using logic level FETs
– Beefed up switch matrix drive for better durability (good to 100V back drive)
– Board is made with 100% through hole components.
– No custom parts used in this design (all parts can be purchased through usual suspects)
– Major component designators carried over from original design so original schematics can be used.
– Jumpers and ROM configurations clearly labeled on silk screen
– Board comes jumpered for the 512k Game ROM (80% of games)
– Board comes with complete set of schematics
Starting with version 3 of this board a DIP switch was added.
Most of our distributors offer this board without game ROM(s) and Microprocessor. This is done to keep the price of the board as low as possible. The Game ROMs and Microprocessor rarely go bad and are socketed so they can be moved from the original board to our board with minimum of effort. Please check with the distributor you choose to see which chips you may need to move! Call us direct if this confuses you.
ABC Monday Night Football
Back to the Future
Guns ‘N Roses
Last Action Hero
Lethal Weapon 3
Phantom of the Opera
Rocky & Bullwinkle
Star Trek 25th
Tales from the Crypt
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles